Deepavali dinner

As many of my customer friends are Indians, I decided to give them a treat. It was held at the Chinese restaurant in the YMCA building.

I booked two tables for the 19 of us. Before we started the dinner, I had to give the prize to the winner of the Saree challenge at Chang Jiang. 

She was clad in saree but I was clad in an innovated one.

From 7pm onwards, one by one started to take their seat at the restaurant. Then came the pre-ordered dishes. We had rice and there was a bowl of soup too.

Most of them had Chinese tea but some of us had red wine which I brought along.

Simple yet appetizing ones.
And it's reasonable too.


After the dinner, we gathered at the living hall for a photography session. We took quite a number of shots.
A group photo for the album.

They thanked me for the treat but I thanked them for their presence!

Happy Deepavali!

Comments

  1. That was a nice gathering! You certainly have a lot of Indian friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as most of my customers are Indians.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely treat, Wenn. And congrats to the winner. You look lovely in that innovated saree, Wenn. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! Had to as I don't have any saree.

      Delete
  3. So so nice of you to give your customers a treat this Deepavali.. Food looks good, I think I will keep refilling on the rice curry vegetables.. Love the santan gravy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends definitely loved the curry fish.

      Delete
  4. that is so nice of you to give a dinner treat to your Indian friends at the YMCA restaurant.. I guess it's not the food but your gesture that made them feel they are appreciated.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only way to appreciate them.

      Delete
  5. Nice of you to treat your Indian friends to dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely treat to your friends and customers . Love your innovated saree

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are generous to treat your friends as a gesture to celebrate Deepavali!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice gathering , Wenn... Very generous of you too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vanakum! WENNder Woman you are always so kind to think of others. I wished I am staying in Ipoh too and sure can tumpang gembira to makan too. I would not mind coming in the dhoti clothes with SK Thambee. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish both SK and you were here!

      Delete
  10. It is the right thing to treat them to eat Chinese meals for a change. I am sure they had a memorable gathering and thanked you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hope it's a memorable one for them.

      Delete
  11. Wenn is always so generous to her friends from all races. Wenn, you looks good in saree.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Indian wedding

Sweating Out

Goodbye RealRewards