Sikh Temple/Punjabi Culture

Since it was the Sultan of Perak's birthday, I had decided to visit the royal town in Kuala Kangsar. Two of my good friends went along with me. I drove them to my Punjabi friend's aunty's place in Kuala Kangsar. 

Aunty made us the mango drinks which indeed quenched our thirst.

I was amazed by the Punjabi bed. It's made of weaved plastic and ropes too.

Since the auspicious day coincided with the birthday of the Sikh Guru, we were taken to the Sikh temple nearby.

I was glad to be in such a religious and clean place. We were needed to be on barefoot and cladded with a head scarf. it's a first time experience for both my Chinese friend and myself.

After the prayer with the chanting from the priest sitting in front, we were given a sweet dessert which I must receive it with both palms. Of course, we had to eat it.

We adjourned to the dining hall and had our breakfast. The Punjabi tea was totally different from our usual tea.

Since we had some time before lunch, we explored a bit of Kuala Kangsar. Then we came back to the temple.

This was what I had for lunch.

The corn pudding was delicious.

The food was blessed so we were blessed too. I decided to make a donation to the temple and my friends followed suit. Surprisingly, we had our receipts writing in Punjabi characters. 

Simply awed, I asked my Chinese friend to buy toto as the receipts had numbers on them. Believe it or not, we won some reasonable amount to share among the three of us.


This flower was at the aunty's place. It's simply lovely..

The day must be our luckiest day!


Comments

  1. It’s been so so long I never been to KK!! Usually will just bypass while on the way to taiping or Penang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting visit. Never tasted a Punjabi tea before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi wenn! Long time no see!!

    You are enjoying life just like always, good for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog