Ready for the big day

Yes, my son is getting married soon. Both the couple wanted a simple marriage but the boss insisted on a wedding dinner.

The date was chosen last year. Nothing much was planned. But recently, my sister-in-law said that something must be done according to the Hakka culture even though the bride is a Christian.

First of all, a prayer to the ancestors must be carried out. Some preparation are needed to be done such as getting the right stuff for prayers. Imagine myself not really into prayers. So my SIL will help to conduct the prayers.

What comes next, I'm not too sure. I was thinking that all is going to be easy but guess not. My SIL wants to discuss with me soon..

Anyway, looking forward to my son's wedding and also hope that all goes on smoothly.

Have a nice day, everyone!


Comments

  1. Hope all goes smooth! Weddings are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything goes well according to what you and the couple want. Hakka wedding?? Pretty simple, nothing hassle. I am a Hakka, thankfully my parents npt so into the custom. Just simple tea and kow tow ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose. Hope it's not much of a hassle.

      Delete
  3. It is always the most joyous and happy occasion for parents when their children are happily married. Congratulations to Wenn & family.

    I was just like your son and requested for a simple wedding. My parents wanted a grand one as I was the last child to get married and booked 3 ballrooms venuw! Now all these are precious happy memories of my late parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, TM. It would be a precious memory for the couple too.

      Delete
  4. Weddings are such joyous occasions, congrats to you and your son

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Hakka too..besides tea ceremony at my own house, and nothing else. Since we are both Christians, all formal ceremonies were done in the church. But, every households have their own believes, especially the request from the elderly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the request from my sisters-in-law. Most importantly the prayers to the ancestors and the tea ceremony.

      Delete
  6. So hows life being a MIL? =)

    Hopefully everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is still the same. Everything went on fine.

      Delete
  7. Congratulation for being a new Lai Lai. :)

    Oppss.... those prayers and ceremony I also tarak tau much. Simple is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Small Kucing!
      True, simple is the best.

      Delete
  8. Yes saw all your updates and photos from FB. Congrats ya. miss you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats again! Hope everything went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog