Antique Chinese Sofa Set

Yesterday evening, my husband and I took a walk at Parkson Grand. We just simply walked in the furniture shop and we got hooked. My husband loves to look at those antique chinese sofa set. As for me, I just love to admire them.

As we looked at each and every set, we got attracted to a rather unique set. My husband was keen and we only had the worker to help. Seeing that we were keen, the manager stepped in.

Both my husband and the manager sat down and discussed the price. The price was amazingly expensive. The display price was RM66,000. According to the manager, they were having a sale. He gave 35 % but my husband managed to pull down to a 40%. 

The manager was rather efficient in closing the sale. He stated the deposit to be RM9.6K and immediately got hold of my husband's credit card. The balance would be paid in instalments.
 
Soon after that, the manager called his boss in KL and it seemed that they didn't have another new set of the same kind. My husband gave the excuse that we wanted a new set and since they didn't have, we wouldn't mind taking the display set at 50%.

Surprisingly, he agreed. I presumed that he couldn't afford to lose this sale as he said he wouldn't mind getting less commission..

This is really happening and I couldn't believe it. Why my husband wanted to buy such expensive sofa set? 


 I took the picture of the sofa set with my husband's phone as I didn't bring my camera.

Anyway, it's something like this one below..
 http://www.made-in-china.com/



Comments

  1. It is such a good deal - 50% off for something that one likes. What wood is it made from? Must be those durable and expensive wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess its the issue of needs vz wants. Its love at first sight or rather 'sit' for your hubs. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he loves it is what matters as he's going to pay for it..

      Delete
  3. WOWOWO! Anyway.. at least he spends his money on his passion and also for the comfort of his family.. hehehe.. Good buy, good buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i guess that sofa set is indeed worth thousands
    i mean the design were pretty superb
    i love its color as well just so classy and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i must say your husband were pretty good with that transaction
    from 35% discount to 50%? thats way too big
    you'll literally get that item half the price

    ReplyDelete
  6. well theres nothing wring on buying such expensive item once in a while,
    and i bet that would be a good addition to your interior design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's looks so grand but my place is just normal..

      Delete
  7. its the last of that kind on their stocks?
    perhaps thats why its on sale
    you're lucky to have it

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a great day and happy bloggin wenn
    god bless you always chao:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!! RM66K for that set of antique chinese sofa set.. but i wonder if that is really an antique or just one that is mass manufactured that looks like an antique..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree with SK. Maybe can ask some antique expert to examine the set to see if it is worth the price?

      I heard sometimes these antique set have some sort of defect that is invisible to naked eyes

      Delete
    2. I think this is modern antique designs. If real antique it could be darker and probably costs over RM100K!

      Delete
    3. RM66K!! I didn't know the price is so high.

      Delete
    4. the design looks antique only..

      Delete
  10. i am sure they have very high mark up for these furniture.. 50% off and i think they still make a very handsome margin.. that manager is definitely a very good sales person!! haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like buying diamonds lah... ALways say got 60%-70% discount. Sure mark-up already.

      Delete
    2. if there's no sales, they would have profited a lot..

      Delete
  11. well, i actually don't fancy this type of "ethnic" sofa.. instead i love simple and more contemporary ones, like what we normally can find in shops..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like modern type too. More comfy to lie around and be a lazy bum. xD

      Delete
    2. anyway our old rattan sofa set needs to be replaced.

      Delete
  12. But a 33K for a set of chairs?

    Wah... I dare sit on those chairs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. not suitable for household with young kids but all your kids are grown up already so less risk of damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, not suitable for household with young kids, because they might bump their head on the solid wood. My son encountered it once.

      Delete
    2. yes, you can say that..no young kids around..

      Delete
    3. bump head is one thing....another thing is they conteng the furniture or used sharp object to cut the furniture then cham also

      Delete
  14. If RM33k for real antique set is not really that expensive la.

    Just see those modern lorenzo sofa set...a bit aje already RM10k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guess it's just the antique designs that makes it expensive..

      Delete
  15. well...think of it like this lo...your husband have been working hard and antique seems to be one of his passion.

    Since he likes and can afford it, why not. If not enjoy it now, when?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, let him have it and enjoy the comfort..

      Delete
  16. Invite us to sit and roll on your chairs! I will bring over all the Chinese tea to minum and borak at your house ok?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Though there's a 50% off, still very expensive!!

    For me I'd prefer cushion sofa, I think it's more comfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried to zip my mouth but I can't. I just wanted to say. Wow! you are rich! super duper rich!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog