Christmas Poem

This customer of mine, Shane has become a friend to me. Initially she was the one who took part in almost all the contests which I held recently.

Let me recall..I first noticed her at my shop. She saw the prize for mother's day which I displayed at the rack. She asked me about it and I told her about our facebook.

She was interested and eagerly joined in the contest. She became winners a number of times. I didn't put the contestants' names as I like to uphold their privacy. But she wanted her name to be written. So I just did that.

Soon a number of people were not happy that she seemed to be getting many gifts from us. They even commented so sarcastically about her that she came in to complain to me. She then requested me to take down her name and she wanted me to ban those trouble-makers.

I held on until they became super sarcastic. I had to ban them. Since the incident, Shane wanted to do something else. She is good in poems and she would like to write poems as comments on my post. I told her she's great and she could carry on writing poem on my shop's facebook. 

Recently the boss bought these Christmas decorations and we hanged them under one of the fluorescent lamp. I put this picture as the facebook cover.

Shane then wrote a poem..

 
Christmas is here! 
 
Jingle bells...Jingle bells...hear the carolers sing,
ding.......ding.......dong..... hear the church bell ring.

Christmas trees with ornaments sparkling bright,
gifts wrapped with pretty bows, such colorful sight.

Dressed all in red with a beard so gray,
ho! ho! ho! Santa’s on his way.

Laughter of children, they bring so much joy,
don’t break their hearts, give them a Christmas toy.

In the oven, mum’s turkey’s a baking,
scrumptious and delicious, it’s simply lip smacking.

Jack standing beneath the mistletoe,
kissing pretty Jill standing on her toes.

Christmas is here, it brings so much cheer,
a jolly good season we hold so dear. 



I am glad she did that..
Thank you dear Shane! You have really brighten up my facebook page!

Comments

  1. It must be nice to have such a loyal customer as Shane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of her.. never mind all those remarks.. the contest is open to everyone, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but she was affected by those negative remarks..

      Delete
  3. Initially I thought Shane is a He, hehe. But she's a great poet! I can't do any poems. No good in that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shane must be very satisfied with your shop's goods and service that she keeps coming back.

      Sometimes it's not just about the prize and gift, to retain your customers.

      Delete
    2. And she 'repays' you by writing such beautiful poems.

      Delete
    3. yes, and she even asked her colleagues to shop at our place..

      Delete
    4. Ha ha! My nephew's name is Shane too and he is so handsome that he appeared on TV ads.

      Delete
  4. yeah, i do remember Shane.. hahaha, interesting that i remember your customer.. yeah, i found that she has been the winner of a few contest you posted in facebook..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wonder if she reads your blog too??

      Delete
    2. maybe..as I did link my previous post on my page..

      Delete
  5. no, i don't think like the other people who complained.. but i think she has been supportive and took part in all the contest, and it's her quality entries that made her win.. it's totally nothing to do with all the unfairness that those people think.. she just deserves that i really think..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, she's very supportive and she helped me a lot by giving her suggestions..

      Delete
  6. beautiful poem that is.. wow, i think Shane is really artistic person huh?? you are so blessed to have such a loyal customer turn into a good friend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice new template you have!! i love orange, and the background is so christmas, you are surely looking forward to that huh?? but are you wrapping enough hampers already?? hehe~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not yet..i will start being busy next mon..

      Delete
  8. Me too Yvonne!
    I thought Shane is a guy, hehe.

    Nice poem! Congrats to her~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some people like being jealousy towards people who is better. I don't like jealous people. They are so negative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well i feel sorry for her for what those other people did on facebook
    and i could say it was right to banned them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to ban them since they were too much..

      Delete
  11. well perhaps she was just talented and competitive as well thats why she always wins
    well in my case im also competitive but the thing is i often lose haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you will win when you up your pace in competing..

      Delete
  12. anyways she did a pretty good job on that poem
    its kinda catchy and i guess it can be used as christmas carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. and oh i notice your newly dressed christmas themed blog layout and i love what you did
    simple and just so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  14. have a great day and happy blogging wenn,
    God bless you and take the best of care always

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Shane...why must be jealous ppl around?
    Anyway, nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's ok now as those people were already banned..

      Delete
  16. sigh...manyak susah like that. These people dont join the contest but they wanna complain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems like shane have worked hard to join the contest and should not be subject to nasrty comments

    ReplyDelete
  18. If wanna win then join the contests and put in more effort la. It's better than leaving nasty comments and sarcastic remarks.

    Some are like that. Play contest till like winning is everything and tarak see others people feeling. when they dont win, they put in nasty remarks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some people just like to comment negatively..

      Delete
  19. hope the nasty remarks wont ruin yours and shane's friendship. Nice poem

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a shame that you had these sarcastic customers who were jealous. It happens everywhere! Glad that you were tolerant and you probably learnt how to control them in future.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shane was not wrong to display her name but it was just unlucky that it got backfired instead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Her poem is good and my heart was singing as I followed it. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog