At Telford Court

Well, I have nothing much to do today so I am writing this post. It's 9.30am and my girl has already gone for her orientation. Actually her orientation started two days ago but we came here late as she couldn't get the earlier flight for last Sat/Sun where there would be a pick-up from the University.

Actually my girl was supposed to go on her own if she could get the earlier flight. Since she couldn't as her visa was only confirmed later, I had to come here with her. She seemed lost and I was helping her with an extra luggage.

Her luggage was 33kg whereas the other smaller luggage was 13kg. Guess my stuff is only about 3kg or so..

We took the Yoyo bus from Ipoh at 11am on Monday. Reached KLIA at 2.30pm. Checked in at 3pm. Then my girl's friends came in gradually. First in threes, then in twos, then another twos and lastly a person. We chatted until 6pm. Then photography session followed by saying goodbyes. We finally boarded the Emirates plane. Our flight took off at 7.30pm.

We reached Dubai at 10.20pm Dubai time. (Malaysian time 2.20am on Tuesday). Our connecting flight was at 2.30am. That meant we waited for 4 hours. We didn't do much. Just waited while stealing some sleep.

Then we flew all the way to Heathrow London Airport. We reached London at 7am on Tuesday. (Malaysian time 2pm on Tuesday).

We had to line up at the lane specially catered for students. It was such a long queue. When I asked the officer if I should stay with my girl, he said 'Yes!' So I queued up with her. After about an hour, the queue was still long. I noticed that the other lanes were already cleared and the officers were quite free. I simply asked a female officer if I could just use the fast lane and leave my girl alone. She said, 'Maybe you can and take your girl with you too.' She went over to the counter and asked the officer. We were given a green light and so we followed the officer to the counter.

The officer-in-charge was nice. He talked to us. The first thing he asked, 'Mum and daughter? Which is mum?' 
Of course, I replied, 'I'm the mum.' 
He responded, 'Both look more like sisters!'

He asked a few questions and we were done. So fast..Otherwise, we would have to wait for another 45mins or so..

We thanked him profusely and he thanked us too! So perfectly friendly! My girl added, 'God bless you!' and he gave a smile..

We just went to collect our baggage and proceeded to the National Express bus station. It was just a walking distance and we used the trolley all the way. 

When we reached the station, I enquired about the fare. If we took the national coach, it would cost us 26 pounds each but it would only take an hour. But we took the other local bus which only cost us 8 pounds each but it took two hours to reach our destination ie Hatfield.

In the bus, we met a second-year student from India. He told us to get down at the Galleria in Hatfield and then take the UNO bus to the University.

Finally we reached our destination and immediately the university bus arrived. We just paid a pound each. We got down from the bus just near the Student Resource Center. But we had to get to the Accommodation to collect the room key. Luckily, we met my girl's friend who had come earlier. She and her friends helped us with the luggages.

Finally, the key was collected and we went to Telford Court where my girl stays.

So I will be here till tomorrow..

10.10am

Comments

  1. It sounded like it was a bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post really reminds me of myself in the same situation when i first flew to UK for my studies..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course i am all alone with other friends, and lucky the university arranged a coach to pick us all up from the airport because of the big group..

      Delete
    2. i don't remember having to wait for so long at the immigration actually.. hmmm, strange that they now have the students lane..

      Delete
    3. and you look so young the immigration officer thought you were sisters, hahaha!! maybe your girl feels sad about this~~ :D

      Delete
    4. great that your girl is staying on campus, more time for her to explore before she actually moves out campus in her subsequent years.. :)

      Delete
    5. all the best to your girl!! :)

      Delete
    6. we were late so we had to go through the immigration. Otherwise, we could just leave the job to the university officer.

      Delete
  3. The officer real nice wor to let your girl go to the fast lane with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo so this is the reason you go UK la.

      Delete
    2. Like what SK said, it;s good that your girl is staying in campus. at least will have some company and can explore outside later

      Delete
    3. yes, it was great that she has a nice place to stay. I fall in love with the place too..

      Delete
  4. Having you with her must have save her from a lot of headache.

    All the best to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's mum's job to ensure that her girl reach the uni safely..

      Delete
  5. Wah ur daughter is so lucky...
    U accompany her to uk.....
    I am all alone when I go to us to study...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I actually take the opportunity to see the uni..

      Delete
  6. All the best to your daughter...
    And you have fun ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..I'm enjoying my stay here already even though it's gonna be a short stay.

      Delete
  7. For me, I also will accompany my girl go. Let her settle everything and say bye bye to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually we don't need to do that if she has company..

      Delete
  8. She is such a darling to you right? baking cupcakes for your birthday before she went to UK to study. good gal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to read this post details. It reminded me of the time I left for US but I was alone!!!! Your daughter is so lucky to have mummy to accompany her all the way. It took me 39 hours to reach my college!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounded tired traveling from Ipoh - KLIA - following overseas countries.... I bet your girl is enjoying her life in the UK now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog