Flight Phobia

I am ok with taking flights but not my husband. He has phobia of heights and flying. He had heard stories of plane crash from people and news too.

He told me before that he would never take flights with me. It's very risky to take flights together. We never know what might happen. He related a case whereby the whole family of his friend was sacrificed during a crash many years ago. From then on, he swore that he would never fly.

The last time I flew with him was before my boy was born. It was in 1996 when we went to Phuket for a holiday. Since then, he hasn't been flying much. The last time he flew with his friends was in 1998 when they went to Cambodia.

My husband's brother lives in Australia and he has been asking him to fly with me to visit him. But the answer is alway a No. That's why I don't travel with him. Many people were surprised that we don't fly together.

Even if we need to fly somewhere, he will take a different plane. How ridiculous! But it's really his decision should he need to fly.

There was an occasion when I was seated next to an Arabian lady. We were on our way to Dubai. There was a turbulence in the plane and let me tell you, it was really shaky. I was worried but I had to console this lady beside me. She was holding my hand tight and scared. I told her patiently that everything would be fine. Thank God! Everything was fine after that.

Every now and then when I was flying, I experienced that kind of fear but I always put aside the fear by watching the movies.

It's fated and really, "Malang tidak Berbau".

I really hope miracle happened and those passengers of MH370 would soon be found safe and sound. God bless all of them. 

Comments

  1. Me too ... got phobia with flights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have phobia with flights, but I don't travel anymore ever since my first boy was born.. I guess I got to wait for a few more years before I could fly again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray for them as well here. Ever since Saturday news about MH370, really give all of us a shock and probably getting a phobia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to travel too. Ever since Hebe was born, both hubby and me didn't plan for any oversea holiday. Just like Louiz, probably need to wait for a few years and we'll travel as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first flight when I was around 7yo to Singapore, that time I really don't know a thing yet.. not even thought of the plane will crash or what... Kids right? definitely will feel very happy if daddy and mummy brought us for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Then 10 years back, travelling a bit far to Japan with my hubby. That time my fear was like just started...scary though! But try to relax myself to enjoy the on board meal, watching movies and playing some games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far, i do not have any phobia to fly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far, inside flight, i can't sleep well even if it's night flight...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers go to the missing MH370 and its passengers and crews.

    I usually pray before and after taking flight. Been scared once and since then I prayed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think quite reasonable la if he decide not to fly in the same flight. Maybe he thought of the family. If anything happens, there will be at least one left who can take care of the kids.

    Let's pray for the safe return of MH370

    ReplyDelete
  11. i guess i know the reason why your husband refused to fly together with you.. and yeah, the same reason i can think of like what Small Kucing mentioned above.. but then really, i do agree with you too, it's all fate and we cannot do anything.. just don't think about the negativities and look ahead positively :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. still no progressive news about the MH370 tragedy.. let's pray for everyone on board

    ReplyDelete
  13. When we want to travel, no choice... scared also must fly... hahaha.. .otherwise have to duduk diam diam at home.. my friend's boss also thinks like your hubby.. he and his son wont sit in the same plane together..cos family's business.. his son will sit different plane and he another plane though same destination...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also have flight phobias and would pray days before the actual flight itself. Once on board, I would also pray some more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hubby is not wrong to suggest taking separate flights as all the big corporate companies do not allow all their senior staff to take same flights anywhere. This is a common practice after so many tragedies occurred where many companies lost their key players who perished in crashes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart is still heavy as i typed the comments. Still praying that they would be found!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your husband is very careful when it comes to safeguarding his family by not being on the same flight as you even though it is to the same destination. He really has his children's best interest at heart.

    Still praying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Flying is still the safest mode of transport. I only worry during take off and landing. At such times, I try to keep my mind busy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, to me, everything is destined. Even if we take vehicles on the road, or ships, or planes, accidents still will happen, just depends on how we think.

    I too pray for a miracle for MH370, in fact the whole world is praying and waiting for a good news, I hope there' re still survivors :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. No wonder your hubby have phobia because he has got friends being a victim in a plane crash. I was afraid of riding an aeroplane too. I used to have air sickness, but as I grow older, I'm getting better. Now, i love to fly !

    Hope miracles do happen for MH370.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Already 14th day, but still no news for it... Pray for them. really hope for miracles to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a bit nervous during take off and landing, and phobia after MH370. I can comprehend your husband's reason of not having the same flight with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We suppose to fly to KL in a few months time, I am a bit scare now. *_*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog