Just rinse it
I remembered my former neighbor told me not to soak vegetables in water but to rinse them. But I didn't listen to her advice. I prefer to soak them in water.
But recently I made a change. I rinse the vegetables before I soak them for a short while.
rinse them thoroughly to remove all the debris and even pesticides residues
then soak in clean water for a short while
- Mix 3 parts water to 1 part white vinegar (3:1 ) in a spray bottle.
- Spray on fruits and veggies to get rid of pesticide residue.
- Rinse with water after spraying.
- Fill a bowl with water and add 1/8 to 1/2 cup of vinegar, depending on the size of your bowl.
- Place your fruits and veggies in the bowl.
- Soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.