Rhine Falls

I haven't seen such spectacular fall before.. This rhine fall in Switzerland is awesome!

I viewed it from afar but those people took a boat to the small island and viewed it as close as possible.


Simply magnificent..


Switzerland offers more than just the spectacular scenery of the Alps. Nestled between Lake Constance and Basel, lies a hidden treasure that sparkles and glimmers in the sunlight awaiting the arrival of visitors to explore its dazzling beauty and majestic wonders. Located near Schaffhausen, the majestic Rhine River flows into the breathtaking structure of the Rhine Falls, which is the largest waterfall in Europe. With its huge 50 meters in width and reaching a height of 23 meters, a torrential 700m3 of gushing water rushed over the cliff each second offering the visitors a stunning view of the cascading waterfalls.





Comments

  1. Very, very majestic and scary at the same time. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really magnificent and awesome! Majestic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love waterfalls! You should see Niagra falls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, better than anything we have here...but nothing compared to Niagara, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's really magnificent and awesome.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the longest river in Europe too..stretches from Swiss Alps to the Netherlands. Great river.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful....and the cloud formation above the falls isn't bad either!!

    LYDIA ANN LIGHTHOUSE

    Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it's my first time to learn there is a fall like this in Switzerland. The alps is of course what I knew but this one is awesome!! I don't think I could not get that close with a little boat, hehe!! I am kind of afraid if water much so gushing water like that ^_^ Thanks for the info!

    Watery Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I originally come from Holl. I know the Rijn, but I wished it had waterfalls in Holl. too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some powerful waters!

    WATER ON WEDNESDAY

    Water on Wednesday
    And other days too,
    Water for me, friend,
    And water for you;

    Water as ocean
    And water as sea,
    Water for you, friend,
    And water for me;

    Every day water
    In puddle or ice
    Or snowflakes or mist—
    Oh, water is nice!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    The Pacific at San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  11. i remember this waterfall. your photos bring back such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is really nice and unique falls. I dread taking boats to view closer and risk my life! There were boats which capsized but went unreported!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog