German Pork Knuckles

Drubba was founded around 1955 in the Black Forest- Germany's most popular holiday destination. It started as a shop selling souvenirs and offering boat trips on Lake Titisee. Today they have two hotels and there are several groups which stop over at Drubba for lunch and for souvenir shopping in the region of Regensburg. The clocks available at the Black Forest Clock Center offers a wide selection of cuckoo clocks, wall clocks, grandfather clocks and here you can also see a 15 minute demonstration of the story of the development of the making of the cuckoo clock. The Cuckoo clocks are made in a place around 6 kilometers away from Titisee known as Hönes cuckoo clocks. They are very famous and they make original black forest clocks. 
source
 
We had our lunch at Drubba..

 A platter of pork knuckles, german sausages, french fries and rice was served.


 I had a piece of the pork knuckles.

Scrumptious!



Then a piece of black forest cake for each and everyone of us.
My favorite..

Comments

  1. yummy!! but why with fries and rice?? i thot should eat with sauerkraut??

    ReplyDelete
  2. SK, but no one ate the rice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. authentic dishes from the place itself. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I've tried the other things but never pork knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo...I like German pork knuckles...and all kinds of sausages that they have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip you are having! I enjoyed looking at Mt Titlis, but it looked cold there. The food certainly looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard that this is famous one.. must take!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a great dish undoubtedly......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah we joked about this place called 'straight straight die' in Hokkien for Titisee. Did you buy any cuckoo clock home? Thought that was too cumbersome so discarded the idea. Bananaz like to travel light. No pork knuckles for us the whole tour on halal meals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just reminded me of the best slice of Bavarian black forest that I had there. Total YUMZ!
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  11. if u like pork, the knuckle tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is interesting as I first tasted German Pork Knuckles in Bangkok! Now I know why they are so popular and nice. Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can anyone tell me what part of the pig that the "pigs knee" actually comes from? I went to my local butcher and asked for "pigs knees" and he laughed and said pigs don't have knees? I was in Germany and Czech this summer and that is what they had called them. PLEASE HELP!!! I LOVE THE PIGS KNEES and want to make it here!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog