Blood Test

Last Sunday, I went for my blood test using the voucher below. I had given to some of my blogger friends who had commented on my post Money and I hope they will use it too before the end of November..

with compliment from Ensure


Yesterday morning, I went to collect my report. All is fine except for my low MCV and MCH.

I had to google to understand the meanings of MCV and MCH



Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV)
The MCV relates to the average size of the red blood cell. MCV increase or decrease along with an increase or decrease in MCH is a significant finding for folic acid and/or B12 need (increase) or iron, copper or vitamin B6 need (decrease). MCV and MCH should always be viewed together.
Optimum values 87.0 to 92.0 cu. microns.

 Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH)
The amount of hemoglobin in a single red blood cell is indicated by the MCH. It is a variation of the MCV measurement.
Optimum values: 28.0 to 32.0 micrograms.

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/blood_cell_counts.html


I suppose I lack iron. So from today onwards I will take my Fitline supplement, Restorate (Minerals with Iron). 


I had my first blood test done in Oct 2010. In comparison, I guess I am better this time. By the way, if any one of you need the voucher, please let me know. If I have any extra, I would send it to you.








Comments

  1. Ouh...I see. But don't take too much iron. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fitline restorate has all the minerals plus iron..It's just adequate.

      Delete
    2. Do you like to have the voucher? If yes, please send me your address.

      Delete
  2. Keep it up, my friend. Hope your calcium level is good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this time my calcium is adequate.

      Delete
    2. Do you like to have the voucher? If yes, please send me your address.

      Delete
  3. good for you, the report shows that you are very healthy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, who the novice can understand MCV and MCH?? haha, thanks for sharing..

      Delete
    2. seems like you need more iron intake?? i think ladies normally will drink red dates water for that right?? :)

      Delete
    3. i have yet to make an appointment and use that blood test voucher..

      Delete
    4. here we don't need to make appointment, just go and wait for our turn..

      anyway, my blood count has improved a bit. Possibly iron can help..

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...i thoyght they would explain to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on a healthy you. Just need some supplement only.

      Delete
    2. me too yet to make appointment use the voucher

      Delete
    3. I just collected the report in the morning and the doctor is only available in the afternoon.

      Yes, supplement is very important..

      Delete
  5. I usually do my blood test routine once every 2 years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And will ask a lot of questions regarding the report because I don't understand, kakaka!

      Delete
    2. that's good..I will do it regularly too..

      But it's rather easy to understand too..

      Delete
    3. Do you like to have the voucher? If yes, please send me your address.

      Delete
  6. yah le .. i thought the BP lab will explain to you and suggest you what you need to eat and so on ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, if I see the doctor, she will surely advise me on iron supplement just like my previous blood test.

      Delete
  7. I hope that by doing regular exercise could help me on the result..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exercise is also a must-do in our lives so that we stay healthy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog