Car key in the car

As usual, I took a break in the evening. Actually not resting at all, I had to cook for dinner and get ready for work again till night.

It was raining this evening and I was trying to find a parking place. Finally I found one and I was in a rush to get off the car. I just took my bag and the umbrella and I forgot all about my car key. I just quickly pressed the lock and banged the door. Alas! My car key was still in the ignition hole. I didn't switch off the engine!

So I just walked into the shop and casually told the boss that I had left my key in the car. He said he could collect the spare key for me. The trouble was I had forgotten the whereabout of the spare key. I phoned home asking my girl to search for me but to no avail.

I had to borrow my staff's kancil which was rather difficult for me to handle as the steering wheel was so stiff. Never mind about that. I reached home and quickly searched for the spare key. I couldn't find it. 

Since nothing could be done, I went back to the shop. The boss got angry when I told him I couldn't find the spare key. He wouldn't let me use the new car to travel tomorrow if I still couldn't find it.

I called my girl again and insisted that she searched everywhere. Lastly, she found it among the other stack of keys in another drawer.

Actually, I even called my mechanic and he told me to find the locksmith. I was searching for the latter's phone when my girl called to say that she had found the key.

Luckily, I was calm long enough for the spare key to appear. Thank God!

So tomorrow I will drive the Camry to my hometown and be back the following day.

Have a nice weekend!


Comments

  1. hmmm, i was wondering how could that have happened!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was that an old car?? cos cars nowadays are equipped with sensor locking..

      Delete
    2. you won't be able to lock your car without your key with you..

      Delete
    3. anyway, luckily you are able to find the spare key..

      Delete
    4. so i guess this gives you a lesson to keep all the spare keys in a place that you can remember and easily access..

      Delete
    5. have a great weekend back in your hometown.. :)

      Delete
    6. I was using the Corolla which is about 17 years old. It has central lock and I have stopped using the alarm lock since it has problem.

      Delete
  2. I encounter the same as yours, wenn~ When I was very very young I locked the door of my uncle's car without realizing the key was still in the ignition hole. Yes, we have to wait for the spare key which took about 3-4 hours :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So now I'm very careful of the keys, not wanting the same to repeat. Very troublesome~

      Delete
    2. I have always been very careful but I didn't know how it happened that fateful day..

      Delete
  3. Yeah, last time I kena once with my old proton..key still in the ignition but engine off already... colleague took me home to get spare key... but now with the new cars, the remote is attached to the key... so no key, no remote..no remote, cannot lock car.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true.The trouble is I have removed the remote.

      Delete
  4. Aiyo.. you must b working too hard n mind occupied by other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope u hv a good rest at your hometown today.

      Delete
    2. I had made such mistake before n lucky d car not auto lock type else cham coz I hv no idea where the heck is d spared key.

      Delete
    3. At least yours is not the central locking. It saved your life..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog