My late beloved father

My father passed away very young at the age of 49. I had finished my fifth form. I was already working in Taiping itself.

My father was a very protective one. Most of the time, he wouldn't allow me to go for camps, outings or whatsoever. I had to convince him that those outings were meant to be good. Usually he would give in to my persuasion.

I could see that he loved me as I loved him too. Each night he would give me some coins in return for my willingness to serve him dinner.

I remember very well that he liked to sit on the big table at the corner of our living hall. From there he would watch tv and drink his bottle of guinness stout.

My father worked hard everyday as a lorry driver to support us, seven siblings..Sometimes he came back late. I didn't wait for him but when he reached home, he would call me up to savour a packet of fried kueh teow. I loved him so much. He was so kind and he always liked to tease my mum for not wearing skirts..

An advice from my father: Don't put make-up..it would spoil your face..Guess that's why I hardly put make-up.

I think of my father every now and then. I missed him.

Comments

  1. what a great tribute to your father, wenn!your father sure was a brilliant man.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice tribute to your late father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Anay, Thambee help you to wipe your tears~~

      Delete
    2. don't do that..he is in a much better place..

      Delete
  4. i certainly have no doubt you are missing your dad every now and then..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can read from the lines how bonded you were with him..

    ReplyDelete
  6. so you were his most favorite kid amongst all your siblings??

    ReplyDelete
  7. cos you mentioned when he's home, he'll wake you up to eat supper with him together..

    ReplyDelete
  8. and he also gave your coins for you helping out on the dining table..

    ReplyDelete
  9. so are you the youngest among your siblings??

    ReplyDelete
  10. are your the girl in the photo, or the baby in your daddy's arm??

    ReplyDelete
  11. My father is also not around anymore.. those days our fathers are very protective, I also couldnt go outstation without giving him lots and lots of details.. now we become parents, I understand it better now.. but then we still have to let our kids go explore , though we worry too at the same time...
    At least now we still have our mothers... lets sayang them more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is why I always believe that we need to cherish the time with our love ones..
    You have a big family..
    my mum too ..have 10 bro & sisters...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dad is no longer around too, just like yours, he always forbid me to go to camps/school excursions....my mom had to persuade him to allow us to go.He died while I was 3 months pregnant with my first child. As I had miscarriages before, I didn't tell anyone about the pregnancy until it was about 4 months. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. No matter how we put make-up, we will get old.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A touching tribute from a good daughter to her dad. My dad is gone too. The beautiful memories we shall cherish forever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. make-up products now a days is either safe or not safe :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog