Pissed off

I have been wrapping hampers without a grumble even though it could become such a routine and boring. Nevertheless, this is my job and I have to do it.

I would say I did it well..not to praise myself. Each time a customer came in our shop, he/she got to buy his/her chosen hamper. Never once that I had no supply of hampers. 

I kept on doing hampers according to the situation. Whichever was finishing, I had to top up.

Yesterday, I had done some extras and today it was a rather slow sale. I didn't wrap any hampers until evening. But after 5pm, customers seemed to clear almost all my hampers. So I had to top them up. 

As I was doing, customers just came in to buy. Until at about 9pm, only left two hampers and I was still doing one.

Suddenly, the boss deliberately showed his rough way of handling the hampers. He said, 'You are slow. This is the way you should do it. No need to do it gently.'

I replied: "I'm tired". Actually I had slowed down as I knew I didn't need to rush anymore.

I quickly finished up the last hamper, cleared my desk and made my way back home even though it's not time to close the shop yet.

I'm pissed off! I'm thinking to myself: Why the boss didn't see what I had done best. He only knows how to criticise.

Well, I reached home playing cool as my mum was around. I went in my bathroom and took my long bath. After bath, I told myself: No point getting irritated by those remarks!

When tomorrow comes, I will forget all about that. 

Comments

  1. I respect you for being able to keep your cool. Good job there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good for being a positive thinker. All the best with your job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boss never appreciate good staff' hard work and dedication. Forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are wise, and we ALL understand what that feels like.


    Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >

    ><}}(°> ~
    ~ ~ ~ <°)333><( ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh, sometimes our hard work is not being appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I guess the boss didn't mean what he said. He's most probably as tired as you after a long day serving customers.

      Delete
    2. he likes to ridicule people and I hate that..

      Delete
  6. That's the right attitude. Don't let such a small matter get to u. Good job on the hampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...sometimes...we will be taken granted...sop just look at the big picture and let it go... :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. To avoid argument, just have to keep cool and walk away..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tomorrow is just another day start life anew and in Chinese we say no 'overnight grudges'. Keep cool great attitude

    ReplyDelete
  10. When tomorrow comes, I will forget all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell him how you feel behind closed doors.. it helps to talk it over.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not easy to wrap hamper. I tried before and it looked horrible. end up buy those gift paper bag and throw everything into the bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hampers flying off the shelves means good business lah. Guess, you tired and the Boss also tired. Like Claire said talk it out behind closed doors.

      Delete
    2. everyone has mood so it's not wise to meddle with people's mood..

      Delete
  13. i really have to salute you, you are the one and only who has been wrapping all the hampers?? have you counted how many in total??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't count..now you give me an idea. I'm going to jot the number down each time I wrap them.

      Delete
  14. i think your boss is taking things for granted.. anyway, like what you have told yourself, no point to be pissed off with those remarks right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true..I always say that he doesn't appreciate people.

      Delete
  15. perhaps he didn't really mean what he said, just that the tone could be a little harsh.. but since you have already forgotten about that the next day, it's not really a big matter.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I dislike the tone and I still can't forget it..

      Delete
  16. the worst feeling i could think of is being under appreciated i mean after all that you have dome not even a single sign of appreciation was shown upon you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's ok not being appreciated but at least don't criticise..

      Delete
  17. im my case back in my working days my boss was really tough but itook it as a challenge as time passes by she started noticing my work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my boss dislikes showing his appreciation through kind words..

      Delete
  18. keep your self together well at least you know to yourself that you did your best and that matters even more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I have done my best and that matters the most.

      Delete
  19. have a great day and happy blogging wenn im sorry my comment was a bit late

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog