Life is unpredictable

Cancer is a dreadful disease for everyone. My first encounter with the word "cancer" was when I was about 20 years old. My late father suddenly had a tumour on his neck. My aunt sent him to the University Hospital and a sample of his tumor was taken for a test. It was confirmed cancerous and the wound wouldn't heal. It was always wet and my mum became his nurse after he was discharged from the hospital.

I saw him groaning in pain and he became thin. He laid down in bed most of the time. Once he tried to walk and he fell down. He didn't survive long. It was only about 6 months of sufferings for my father.

Next, it was my grandmother. She was about 80 years old and I was conceiving my second daughter. She had a tumor on her chest. I didn't get to see her as I was working. My aunt took care of her. She didn't survive long either. During my confinement, she passed away.

The third encounter of the word was my very own MIL. She was bleeding for almost a year even though she had already menopaused. She only became concerned when the bleeding became heavy. She had stage three cancer and she had to go for treatment. But she was also a diabetic so treatment was a little difficult.

My husband and I with both of my PIL went to the Mariam hospital in Penang for her treatment. Each time she came back, her blood count would drop drastically. She then had to boost up her blood count before she could go for her next treatment. But she couldn't get through all the treatments and she passed away.

Yesterday, a friend passed away because of cancer. He had been very strong and he survived for two whole years. He didn't give up but finally he lost to it. And he had used up most of his savings just for treatment.

Last but not least, my worker just came back after accompanying her mum to get the report of her full scan. Her mother had cancer and she had it 5 years ago. Recently, her scan showed that two small tumors were detected. She was worried and later they are going to have another doctor's opinion about the options of treatment.

So later I had to go to work early again and the next day, I will be off for my holidays. But before I go on a holiday, I have to finish up my latest chore. That is to wrap four RM50 hampers and 43 small hampers.

I hope I can manage as I need to be a cashier too. But I believe I Can!

Comments

  1. What a sad topic to hear about all the cancer victims including your father. He died really young as I remember you telling us his age. The word cancer is very scary and affects the whole family's emotions as well. My mother survived early stage of breast cancer and my old man is having prostrate cancer right now. Life is like that and I am a firm believer of karma that causes fatal sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mentioned many times that I have been a volunteer at Hospice where my role was to fetch the cancer patients in my car to hospitals for treatment. All of them were in Stage 4 and had no transport or the kids were to busy to send the parent to hospital. That was sad indeed for having selfish kids.
    All the patients shared their pain with me and all their life's stories before they passed away. Right now I am always telling my school mates off for still smoking heavily since school days till now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer destroyed my life when it took my mother away... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the word Cancer brings fear... now the possibility of getting cancer is so high and it is so alarming... very sad to hear people dying of this disease.. but on the brighter side, if detected early, the chances of healing is high and one just have to take care of their lifestyle after that...

    Enjoy your holiday, Wenn!! Don't overwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, life is indeed very unpredictable, and it's sad to read all that had happened around you.. but i guess those incidents taught you to lead a healthy life and to love the people around you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so you will be flying off to UK tomorrow, ah, enjoy your holiday!! but before that, 47 hampers in total for you to work on.. ah, just look forward to your holiday and you will not be bothered about the hampers and work~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cancer seems to be so near to us. I feel sad when heard of friends or friend's friend going through this dreadful disease. Pity them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surrounding us, breast cancer also another dreadful disease.

      Delete
  8. It is unpredictable but we can always and manage to grab every opportunity to love and take good care of our own health. Life has to go on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a very happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I can help you to wrap those hampers too. Hey that's a lot you know...

      Delete
    2. Yea, that's a lot of hampers! But I think wenn can deal with it la! =)

      Hey, I remember you are good in wrapping hampers too, Angeline.

      Delete
  10. Yes, life is indeed unpredictable. Must appreciate ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep telling my hubby to take care of his body as he has higher risk of cancer because of his parents both had it.

    Just last week my MIL went for biopsy and luckily the breast lump is non cancerous but I think she would opt to remove it. As for my FIL he still taking medication and go for monthly body check up. Tiring because of all the flying in and out and waiting time in general hospital etc.Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All my aunts died because of cancer. My mum and I had been going for check up regularly to make sure we are healthy. I'm afraid of the word ;CANCER......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Wenn,

    Wish you all the best and enjoy yourself during your holidays. You deserve it after wrapping so many hampers. I know you will be able to do all the hampers before your holidays.

    Yes, it is sad to hear of the sufferings due to cancer. Must treasure everyday because we never know when we will die and everyone dies - this is a fact. Just how they die and whether they suffer before their death is the worrying part but there is really nothing we can do about it except to live the best way that we could now.

    Take good care.

    Mun

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry to heard that.

    Meantime hope you enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sad to read bout your experiences regarding cancer. My aunt had cancer too.

    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good day wenn!!
    It must be a sad day for you, a sudden recall of sad occasions...
    But yes, life is always unpredictable, that's why we have to cherish every single moments, and do what we like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, if you think you can, then you can!! Add oil add oil! ;)

      Happy holidays to you ya!!

      Delete
  17. Cancer is definitely very scary. And it's getting more and more common. I think it's mainly due to food and lifestyle. We have to try and live as healthily as possible. Enjoy your holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog