To market we go

Once in a while I will go to the wet market instead of the shop-like market..


Last Saturday my two girls followed me to the market. They helped me to carry my shopping bags.

First of all, I grabbed a piece of this kuih..I like the side ones.
Yummy!


We headed to the chicken stall. Bought a whole chicken. 
The seller cut it into small pieces. 
While she did so, we went over to the next section.


These prawns looked fresh so I bought a kilo of them.


This fishmonger is one of my customers..


Bought those three slices of fish meat. 
The lady was so nice as to pack them separately for me.


Then we hopped over to the vegetables section..


Love vegetables..


I was there choosing some fresh ones..Can you spot me?


Carrots are always my favorite buy..


Next, I bought the sengkuang. I was choosing two good ones..


Stopped by this stall to buy taufu, bean sprouts and taufu pok


Meat is also my favorite. 
The butcher was cutting the meat into pieces for me.


Last but not least, I bought two pieces of those Yau char kueh for my girl.
It was a good experience for both my girls..They just love marketing with me..

Comments

  1. The last I went to wet market was during college! Oh my goodness... it has been THAT long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, maybe u should take your boy there to let him experience it..

      Delete
  2. It's been a long time since I step into a wet market. With giant and tesco around, nowadays we get our groceries & meat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true..it's much cleaner too in hypermarkets.

      Delete
  3. Normally i got my groceries from supermarket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't think i've been to the wet market for more than 5 times in my lifetime, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the markets i go more often are hypermarket, supermarket and night market~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. even if i go to a wet market, maybe only for the cooked food.. i especially scared to go to the meat and fish stalls.. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are apom balik!! i like that too, but not the side ones, haha.. hardly see people selling this except in markets..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. especially like it if there are more peanuts..

      Delete
  8. i also like those yao char gwai and ham jin beng.. looks good~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hardly go wet market unless wan to buy pork and fish. For vegemI prefer to shop at supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was a child, i love to follow my parents to the wet market! Got so many things to see. Even now, I love to visit the market too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dun like market. Fell down once inside the wet section and now I avoided it at all cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya..got to be very careful..can be very slippery at times..

      Delete
  12. *smack head* Now I baru remembered I have 1 sengkuang yet to cook. ANyway, ya its a good experience for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too..cooked one and still got another one waiting..

      Delete
  13. I love those apam pulau pinang, here it cost S$2 for 3 pieces. There's a market just 3 minutes walk away from my flat with food court and variety of shops for almost everything! I love the convenience of living in an urban town.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the market experience is a good one for the girls. much to see and smell:D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog