Truth or a lie

Tonight a customer came to see me. He told me that he bought a box of soap powder but he went back without it. He only brought back the other items.

It was me who calculated his items the previous night. So I asked him for his receipt. He said he had thrown it away. He told me that he came into our shop at 9.10 pm and left around 9.45 pm.

Immediately I browsed the cctv numerous times but I realized that it's impossible for me to track the time. I had to ask my part-time worker who had helped him to carry his stuff. He couldn't recall any box of soap powder.

Since I was rather busy too, I told him to just get a new box as a replacement. But he insisted on watching the cctv. I had no choice but to check the receipt duplicates. He remembered his total payment. Therefore, it was easy for me the track the receipt. With that, I had the time shown on the receipt.

I browsed the cctv again. In a short while, I saw him. There was no box of soap powder to be seen. He still assured us that he was holding that box of soap powder and put it on the counter. But the cctv clearly shown that there was none.

After realizing that, he said, "Forget about it."

I said, "No, it's the reality. There's no such item. So sorry about that."

He quickly bought a new box of soap powder and went off..

Is he trying to tell a lie?

According to the boss, "don't trust this kind of people."

But sometimes it's the truth..Luckily I have the cctv to prove it..


Comments

  1. Old man? Maybe he nyanyuk and forgot he did not buy the powder.

    nice template but a bit hard to read the writing at the dark part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. middle aged man..quite respectable one too..I guess he must hv forgotten.

      Delete
  2. I think... he dun do that on purpose. Mebbe he betul betul thought that he took it and accidentally left the box of soap in the shop? Sometimes, I thought I bought some item from the shop too, but when came home, there's none. Sometimes, we lupa ambil and tot we oredi took and pay for it. I think this is just an honest mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true..I told him that but he refused to believe it. He said he really bought it but the receipt didn't show any payment for that at all..

      Delete
  3. yeah, sometimes it's just so difficult to know whether the customer is trying to cheat or just telling the truth..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think CCTV is just very useful to prove the things.. and i thought your receipts will list what items being bought??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if customers produce their receipts, it make things easier. Thank God we have cctv.

      Delete
  5. but really, i've heard so many different cases those customers are trying to cheat from you.. i thought this rarely happen but then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some customers have the intention to cheat

      Delete
  6. maybe he was lying but could have remembered somewhere else?? sometimes you can sense that from their eye contact and the tone they talk..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe he wanted to buy that and then changed his mind. That former intention of buying is still in his memory.

      Delete
  7. well, you not only see but really learn a lot about different people while working in this shop huh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya..seen a great deal of people and some are not easy to handle..They are such a challenge too. :)

      Delete
  8. I think he forgot la... me too sometimes forgot hehehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some customers can be very absent-minded..

      Delete
  9. I hope he's not suffering from premature Alzheimer! He's clearly confused... or er lying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guess he's confused..no intention to cheat.

      Delete
  10. Since he insisted on watching the CCTV, this might prove that he wasnt really lying about the soap powder.. maybe he thought he did buy it but then when he realized that he actually didnt, he bought another box.. he sounded like me.. absent minded! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's the case. Otherwise, he wouldn't buy a new one.

      Delete
  11. i think he's clearly confused...to say the least.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luckily u have the cctv. Else very difficult to argue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no...lucky you replayed the cctv to confirm again. Maybe he is trying to cheat..

    ReplyDelete
  14. ya..I always make sure I have a clear picture of what happened.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog