Angklung

Angklung is a musical instrument made out of two bamboo tubes attached to a bamboo frame. The tubes are carved so that they have a resonant pitch when struck. The two tubes are tuned to octaves. The base of the frame is held with one hand while the other hand shakes the instrument rapidly from side to side. This causes a rapidly repeating note to sound. Thus each of three or more angklung performers in an ensemble will play just one note and together complete melodies are produced. Angklung is popular throughout Southeast Asia, but originated from Indonesia.
source

On 17 July  last year, I was invited to the school for the prize giving day. I was interested in the angklung performance. It brought back good memories when I was in teachers' training college where I used to play the angklung.



Burung kakak tua
Hinggap di jendela
Nenek sudah tua
Giginya tinggal dua

Lechum Lechum Lechum
Mu la la
Lechum Lechum Lechum
Mu la la
Lechum Lechum Lechum
Mu la la
Burung Kakak Tua.

Comments

  1. My wife used to play this instrument in the university. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never played this instrument before although I have seen others played it. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, burung gagak tua, such a classic song~~ miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of the musical instrument, the last i heard live was like many donkey years ago,,

    i reckon it will not sound well,if it is played individually kan?

    have a great weekend Wenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought one for my son many years ago for S$4.50. It brought him and my students lots of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nowadays they still use that? very nice soothing sound actually

    ReplyDelete
  7. someone pls help me I need urgent angklungs huge ones and want to buy like ten of these. Anyone know the sellers or makers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.

    I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress
    on several websites for about a year and am nervous about switching
    to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about
    blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress
    posts into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!



    Also visit my page; www.onlinedatingpromocodes.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog