face allergy

That was in year 2000. My new house underwent renovation. After that, the house was full of dust. Since my husband was working, it was my duty to clear the place. I had to sweep away those stuff. Imagine me smelling all those cement dust.

I was not even wearing a mask. Guess I had breathed in lots of dust. While waiting to shift into my new house, I had to pack things up from my old rented place.

I remembered I even painted the sofa set, cupboards and cabinets as I had no intention to throw them away. Then one day, my husband brought back a face mask for me. Thinking that it would be refreshing after using the mask, I gladly used it immediately.

A week later, we shifted to our new house. Everything was fine and I had to go back to university for my TESL degree. Suddenly my face got itchy. It became red and I had to see a doctor. But the medication didn't work. How I suffered when I was at uni. When I was at my rental place, I had to use ice cubes to cool my face. This ice treatment was just temporary.

Then when I came back during the weekend, I had to see a beautician. She treated my face gently and gave me antibiotic cream to apply on my face. I had to stop all my cleansing stuff and just used plain water instead. Surprisingly, it worked.

The itch had stopped and the redness gone. But the treatment had to go on. Every 3 weeks, I had to do facial treatment and continued using her cream.

It took about 2 years for my allergy to heal completely. Now I am fine and the allergy can still attack me anytime if I'm not careful about what I put on my face.






Comments

  1. gosh that is horrible. The cement dust so dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the attack lasted 2 years, very long lorr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm allergic to dust - rashes and itch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my kids are also sensitive to dust.. they need to cover their nose..

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, lasted for two years!! that's terrible..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have allergic nose...will runaway from dust!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think many people are allergic to too many things today!! It is horrible to have an allergy I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! This is the first time I read about this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! So the mask caused the allergic? :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to know that you are ok right now. So better be careful with whta we apply or touch our face right? :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luckily the beautician's cream and treatment helps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Indian wedding

Sweating Out

Goodbye RealRewards