Diwali

Diwali is the Hindu "festival of lights" which celebrates the New Year.

The festival of lights is held in honour of Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth and prosperity. Hindus pray to Lakshmi to bring them good luck in the coming year.

For Deepavali, I wrapped some small gift
for display at my husband's shop.

Firstly, I wrapped this kind.
It contains jellies, pudding, wafer and choclairs.


Next, I did this simple gift.
Just Cadbury chocolates and Yochelle chocolates.


This is also full of chocolates.


This has a combination of a bottle drink,
chocolates n pistachios.


They were all wrapped using the hamper wrapping style. You can refer to my post on Selamat Hari Raya last month.

Hindus decorate their homes and temples by drawing patterns on the ground outside. They draw the designs with a mixture of rice flour and water. Coloured powder, such as sand, is sometimes used.

Wishing all Hindus

Happy Deepavali..

Comments

  1. That's a pretty wrappings you have there! Nicely done wenn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U're a hamper-wrapping expert. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of you. Can I have one for free? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful hampers! Yummy chocolates! I hope everyone who is celebrating divali has a wonderful time. Have a great day, Wenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manglish..it's for sale at my shop..not online..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad we don't have Deepavali holiday in Sarawak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job... I never know how to wrap all this kind of stuffs hehehe.. I even fail wrapping boxed presents @.@

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe , sometimes the hamper's so nicely done that I don't even want to open it up =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For us working folks, Deepavali means a free rest day!

    Happy Deepavali to those who celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Deepavali! Yay! Happy holidays. :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wenn, are u selling these? i dont mind buying one from u.. hahaa... going to my ex colleague's house tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great for gifts to my friends.

    Happy Deepavali Wenn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great festival! Those yummies are tempting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How interesting. Thank you for sharing with us. I would love to receive such yummy gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be attending a Deepavali dinner do tomorrow nite.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i was fortunate enough to be invited toa diwali dinner, we were able to celebrate it too with a friend. My first time =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i had no time to visit my indian friends as i was working..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog