Seventeen Arch Bridge

I simply love the view of this great bridge in Beijing.

The Seventeen Arch Bridge is located at the Summer Palace in Beijing.


It's indeed a lovely place which you mustn't missed should you visit Beijing.


Such awesome lion statue.


At that time I didn't know there were 544 stone lions.


Built during the Qianlong Reign (1736-1795) of the Qing dynasty, Seventeen-Arch Bridge, 150m long and 8m wide, is ranked as the biggest bridge in Summer Palace. Connecting Dragon King Temple in the east and the Island west, the bridge spans Kunming Lake with 17 bridge openings under it, hence the name Seventeen-Arch Bridge.

With 544 lions carved out of white marble set on the balustrades, this bridge was reputed as the bridge which has the most stone lions in China.

http://www.mybeijingchina.com



Comments

  1. looks nice. I haven't been to beijing before, plan is to visit there this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice. I was in Bejing but did not see this bridge.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice...and no traffic, not like Penang Bridge...jam all the time...and no toll either, I guess. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? There are 544 stone lions? :D Guess the people in China really love lions huh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With so many lions, it may be the bridge with the most lions in the world! Thanks for coming to my blog. I looked at your other blogs and the beautiful food there made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer Palace was one of the place I didn't visit during my business trip to Beijing years ago :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh ,.. i cannot remember that bridge.. did i go there, i wonder..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Built in (1736-1795) and standing tall using those old fashion ancient technology and yet in this modern days, bridges cannot even last very long..tQ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the Summer Palace, it's really a very nice place..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good place to fish!...under the bridge! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For a person like me who LOVES bridge photography, this one is is the perfect shot. Those arches are magnificent, and I love the lion. You captured the image beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. chinese were great builders...massive proof, the Great Wall

    ReplyDelete
  13. china intrigues me.. hope i could visit this bridge when I go to Beijing someday. thanks for sharing! here is mine:
    http://culturemedley.com/2011/01/16/one-fine-sunday/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know so little about China. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! If you have time, check out my post here www.adventureswithjessica.blogspot.com . I’m trying really hard to increase my number of followers and could use your help! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great place, I love the statues. Nice images, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog