I bought some sawi from the market. My girl helped me to clean the vegetables. She spotted a little one on the leave. It was very much alive and it was moving very slowly.
so tiny
still crawling
clearer picture
a little bit slimy
My girl kept it but too bad it didn't survive.
Have you come across any other little ones hiding inside the bundles of any vegetables?
I have seen a lot of these in the vegetables before... but there was once I found a vegetable maggot (not sure what it is... look slike a maggot but in a vegetable) from a brocolli.
Ack...I once found "something" in a bunch of brocoli, I couldn't eat brocoli for a long time! I wash vegetables very, very thoroughly but suppose a little "bug" can sneak by.
Since it was the Sultan of Perak's birthday, I had decided to visit the royal town in Kuala Kangsar. Two of my good friends went along with me. I drove them to my Punjabi friend's aunty's place in Kuala Kangsar. Aunty made us the mango drinks which indeed quenched our thirst. I was amazed by the Punjabi bed. It's made of weaved plastic and ropes too. Since the auspicious day coincided with the birthday of the Sikh Guru, we were taken to the Sikh temple nearby. I was glad to be in such a religious and clean place. We were needed to be on barefoot and cladded with a head scarf. it's a first time experience for both my Chinese friend and myself. After the prayer with the chanting from the priest sitting in front, we were given a sweet dessert which I must receive it with both palms. Of course, we had to eat it. We adjourned to the dining hall and had our breakfast. The Punjabi tea was totally different from our usual tea. Since we had ...
Night market is here right in front of my shop every Friday. That means I have to park my car on the next lane behind my shop. I also make it a point of not taking a break in the evening. I will work throughout until the boss has taken his bath and dinner. Then only I will go back for sure. I love Fridays as I will go back earlier instead of the usual closing time. But last Friday, the boss gave me a last minute work. He wanted me to make 3 hampers which had to be delivered the following morning. I had no choice but to stay put till almost 9pm. My poor girl was waiting for me. I told her to take something at home as her dinner. But I managed to finish my work earlier so I thought I would just buy some food from the nght market.. Japanese cake with chocolate and red beans filling and laksa But yesterday, I took both my girl and boy to Old Town White Coffee for our dinner. I had steamed garlic chicken rice which was scrumptious. I had to wait for 20mins for my rice to...
I have seen a lot of these in the vegetables before... but there was once I found a vegetable maggot (not sure what it is... look slike a maggot but in a vegetable) from a brocolli.
ReplyDeleteMy short-sighted eyes would have missed it.
ReplyDeleteYou don't hire maid?
It is important to look!
ReplyDeleteAloha, Wenn
Comfort Spiral
cloudia
got...sometimes got caterpillars also...they said is good bcs it means no pesticides is used.....:)
ReplyDeleteNever seen this before. I usually soak the vege in salty for few mins.
ReplyDeleteMy mom used to tell me this, if you see insect on the vegi, that's means, the vegi has not been pesticided,,,it is fresh....
ReplyDeletesaw many times already. Good fresh vege.
ReplyDeleteYes! I have came across some snails. Haha :D That means the vege is very good and fresh lor. :D
ReplyDeletehehehe interesting... if big worms... disgusting ...
ReplyDeletehmmm, bugs. no disrespect, but personally I feel bugs r icky. in a sense. LOL
ReplyDeletehmmm, bugs. no disrespect, but personally I feel bugs r icky. in a sense. LOL
ReplyDeletegood..the vege is 'organic'!
ReplyDeleteThat cute little creature. It must be struggling to get away from you guys. Hahaha
ReplyDeleteThe veges needed to be washed thoroughly! but if it accidentally went into the cooking,then you got an extra protein!! lol
ReplyDeleteWow so tiny little snail...!
ReplyDeleteDear Wenn,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for my late visit. Hope you have a wonderful week :). I'm right behind Jama's comment. Wash thoroughly to avoid extra protein ;)
This prove the vege is safe from pesticide. Hehe. Can eat safely. I think wildlife is hard to keep at home.
ReplyDeleteIt's relatively safer when there are little creatures residing there..
ReplyDeleteI guess it means that the vege is safe from pesticides.
ReplyDeleteI've encountered having caterpilar in my vege from my economy rice stall *yucks*
i soak my vege with a teaspoon of salt each time.. seen that before.. they will just disappear into the sinkhole...
ReplyDeleteThen must really clean the vege before cook..
ReplyDeleteif the sawi is good enough for the snail to eat and survive, must be good enough for me to eat! :D
ReplyDeleteI have seen insects in spinach many times, so I'm a bit skeptic about buying fresh spinach..
ReplyDeleteEugene said it correctly, it's comforting to know that it is not covered with pesticides. :)
ReplyDelete+Anton+
I had an experience with cabbage! OMG, when I open it, I freak out!
ReplyDeleteI once saw this in a cabbage and i put it beside my sink but it died subsequently.
ReplyDeleteI loved the pics! JUst great!!
ReplyDeleteGood! You now know that this veggie is safe to eat. Otherwise, those things will not survive.
ReplyDeleteMust really wash thoroughly. Snail? Eww...never come across before..yucks.
ReplyDeleteI found a little cocoon in fresh corn, it wasn't near the ear of corn, so still good to eat.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures, Wenn, thank you.
Hah,litte escargots....he he he!
ReplyDeleteHi Wenn, gosh, imagine that being part of the menu, ha ha, Lee.
ReplyDeleteAck...I once found "something" in a bunch of brocoli, I couldn't eat brocoli for a long time! I wash vegetables very, very thoroughly but suppose a little "bug" can sneak by.
ReplyDeleteThat's why we have to wash our fresh vgetables sooooo well:~)
ReplyDeleteOh, some time ago I saw black little ones in some rice packs!... ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt's so important to wash our vegetables!
ReplyDeleteOf course hehehe.
ReplyDeletei even found some earthworms too..
ReplyDeletepaling geli is saw worms.
ReplyDeletepaling geli is saw worms.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I have. I'm battling cockroaches right now.
ReplyDeleteso imagine when we buy food from outside..
ReplyDeletemany times actually =) most esp when we buy fresh produce from the wet market
ReplyDeleteOMG, earthwormz...
ReplyDeleteick!
but it's ok when we don't see them..
ReplyDelete