Chinese New Year Eve

Usually my mum is the one who cooks for my family but she's back to her home in Taiping. So for today I have to cook my own meals. Here I have cooked three very simple dishes for my family.

Lunch menu:

1. lotus root soup- a very nutritious and delicious soup

ingredients: red dates, lotus roots and chicken


just slow-boiled for 2 hours


added some soya sauce


2. fried kueh teow and yellow mee- appetizing


ingredients: yellow mee, kueh teow, bean sprouts, garlic and prawns


stir-fried the garlic and prawns- nice aroma


added the bean sprouts


fried the kueh teow and yellow mee,
added soya sauce and black sauce,
mixed with the above dish,
garnished with omelet eggs


Dinner menu:

steam boat- a very nutritious and interesting dish


ingredients


boiled the soup with prawns, meat, mushrooms and wolf berries
kept on adding the other ingredients

Yummy!


What about you? What do you have for your meals today?


Happy Chinese New Year!

Comments

  1. This looks delicious, that's the kind of food I adore. But preparing it is another story I wouldn't know a shop where I could buy all the ingredients, so I think I have to go to a chinese restaurant as usual !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A feast Wenn... and they are made with love. :)
    Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks yummy! Can I have a taste too? Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done my meal planning for today, so can I come over for a bite? YUMMY photos, looks delicious.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!

    Great dishes you're sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I had a big Hamburger and two sandwiches with strawberry jum...
    Servus and have a nice day
    Kvelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sob* This year Chinese New year....no more mama to cook for us...for our reunion dinner. :(

    Anyway Happy Chinese New year to you Wenn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, they all look yummy. i'll try the lotus root soup

    ReplyDelete
  9. The meals look so yummy and very healthy too! I have never made any food such as this, maybe I should give it a try. Hope you all have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The meals are simple, yet nutricious and fit for the occassion. Nothing beats the taste of a home cooked meal. I had a vegetarian meal for lunch since this is the first day of CNY.

    Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Chinese New Year. Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow~awesome n yummy yummy cny eve dinner~happy cny and valentine's day to u too~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and Valentine's day.

    You proved yourself a good wife and mum by cooking two great meals.

    I am ashamed that I bought pizza for my son. Just the two of us.

    My husband is in Malaysia, my oldest daughter is in Singapore, my other daughter is away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year & Gong Xi Gong Xi!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you, Wenn and your family.
    I, too, had steamboat on the eve. Cooked vegetarian steamboat for myself. Will perhaps blog it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wenn, wish you& family all the best of happiness, health and prosperity throughout and beyond this TIger Year ;) Wow, looking at your photos on the preparation of the dishes making me drooling :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Chinese New Year!
    Gong Xi Fa Cai!
    Wishing every one a great Tiger year ahead!

    Happy Valentine's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did I mention that I do love Chinese food?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog