Beautiful picture!! Bird of Paradies...Strelitzia (pronounced /strɛˈlɪtsi.ə/)[1] is a genus of five species of perennial plants, native to South Africa. The genus is named after the duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Germany birthplace of Queen Charlotte of the United Kingdom. A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower, because of a supposed resemblance of its flowers to the bird of paradise. In South Africa it is commonly known as a crane flower.
Hope you don't mind that I post more info about this beautiful plant. Gisela
indeed,it is beautiful.but,don't you know that its leaves can be use for wrapping purposes here in taiwan....it is widely use and cultivated here use for wrapping the rice dumplings that are popular as one of taiwan's delicacy...the leaves of this birds of paradise is called lotus leaf.thanks for visiting my blogs...please come again..thanks
Night market is here right in front of my shop every Friday. That means I have to park my car on the next lane behind my shop. I also make it a point of not taking a break in the evening. I will work throughout until the boss has taken his bath and dinner. Then only I will go back for sure. I love Fridays as I will go back earlier instead of the usual closing time. But last Friday, the boss gave me a last minute work. He wanted me to make 3 hampers which had to be delivered the following morning. I had no choice but to stay put till almost 9pm. My poor girl was waiting for me. I told her to take something at home as her dinner. But I managed to finish my work earlier so I thought I would just buy some food from the nght market.. Japanese cake with chocolate and red beans filling and laksa But yesterday, I took both my girl and boy to Old Town White Coffee for our dinner. I had steamed garlic chicken rice which was scrumptious. I had to wait for 20mins for my rice to...
Since it was the Sultan of Perak's birthday, I had decided to visit the royal town in Kuala Kangsar. Two of my good friends went along with me. I drove them to my Punjabi friend's aunty's place in Kuala Kangsar. Aunty made us the mango drinks which indeed quenched our thirst. I was amazed by the Punjabi bed. It's made of weaved plastic and ropes too. Since the auspicious day coincided with the birthday of the Sikh Guru, we were taken to the Sikh temple nearby. I was glad to be in such a religious and clean place. We were needed to be on barefoot and cladded with a head scarf. it's a first time experience for both my Chinese friend and myself. After the prayer with the chanting from the priest sitting in front, we were given a sweet dessert which I must receive it with both palms. Of course, we had to eat it. We adjourned to the dining hall and had our breakfast. The Punjabi tea was totally different from our usual tea. Since we had ...
Wenn, it is a beautiful tropical flower.
ReplyDeleteIf look properly, the flower is actually flying.
ReplyDeleteTo me the Bird of Paradise is always a most beautiful flower and your photo is fantastic. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.
ReplyDeleteI love them too! The spread of their petals look like butterflies fleeting!
ReplyDeleteThe colors are pretty!
Bird of paradise reminds me of my childhood time where our teacher required us to collect this flower for our project. :)
ReplyDeleteWenn, what a beautiful flower/pic!It looks like a tropical bird!
ReplyDeleteI love these flowers, as well.
Simply Gorgeous! Exotic Beauty!
ReplyDeleteMy entry. Have a blessed Sunday!
Very pretty! I have some white bird of paradise! that reminds me, I have to pull out those pictures!
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful..looks like flying..love the name too
ReplyDeleteIt's a nice flower and I like the name! : )
ReplyDeleteFantastic flower and so beautiful colored.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week
Gunilla
Love the flower.
ReplyDeleteHave bought Bird of Paradise rice before. Taste good
This is a nice exotic flower!
ReplyDeleteWenn: Beautiful capture, it is a hard flower to show properly and you did it wonderfully.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture!!
ReplyDeleteBird of Paradies...Strelitzia (pronounced /strɛˈlɪtsi.ə/)[1] is a genus of five species of perennial plants, native to South Africa. The genus is named after the duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Germany birthplace of Queen Charlotte of the United Kingdom. A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower, because of a supposed resemblance of its flowers to the bird of paradise. In South Africa it is commonly known as a crane flower.
Hope you don't mind that I post more info about this beautiful plant.
Gisela
Love this flower! It's the most elegant!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flower!
ReplyDeleteindeed,it is beautiful.but,don't you know that its leaves can be use for wrapping purposes here in taiwan....it is widely use and cultivated here use for wrapping the rice dumplings that are popular as one of taiwan's delicacy...the leaves of this birds of paradise is called lotus leaf.thanks for visiting my blogs...please come again..thanks
ReplyDeleteblue*
It does indeed have a lovely name and is beautiful. It looks as if its in flight.
ReplyDeleteI thought you were referring to the true bird of paradise - the featured one, LOL... That one you can see in KL Bird Park.
ReplyDeleteI like the birds of paradise a lot.
ReplyDeleteI had the miniature version in front of my house in Florida. I'm not sure how they would handle the weather here. Beautiful capture, Wenn!
ReplyDeleteWe have Birds of Paradise, here, in California, too. Lovely photo.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful one!
ReplyDeleteWow this so lovely. I love the picture perfect for its name.
ReplyDeleteLovely..in paradise just by looking at it.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know this flower is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteTruly magnificent! Have a wonderful week :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know I know :)
ReplyDeletehaha, yeah, i recall that Bird of Paradise rice.. :p
ReplyDeleteThat is an amazing flower, and my husband's favorite!
ReplyDeleteSo...pretty.
ReplyDeletethis plant is very interesting no wonder it got such name
ReplyDelete